Updated: Mar 26
Skipped car payments? You still have rights! Don't let Debt Collectors to harass you and take your car illegally.
Find out as Kelebogile Mooketsi (Author/Financial & Credit Coach/Trainer and Debt Expert elaborate more tonight on MotswedingFM at 21h20-22h00 DSTV Channel 809.
I will tackle the below questions:
1. Is it possible for a car to be repossessed illegally?
• A go a kgonega gore koloi e e kolotwang e tsewe ka tlolo-molao?
2. What is the legal way to repossess your car?
• Tsela e e maleba e banka e tshwanetseng go e tsaya fa koloi e kolotwa ke efeng?
3. Do consumer have rights to defend repossession when legal actions/litigation has started?
• A moreki o na le ditshwanelo tsa go thibela banka go tsaya koloi ya gagwe?
4. Is it allowed for a debt collector to threaten you?
• A ke tshwanelo gore debt collector e tshosetse le go dirisa dikgoka go tsaya koloi e e kolotwang?
5. Can a debt collector take your car when parked in your yard?
• A debt collector e letlelesegile go tsaya koloi ya moreki e le kwa gae?
6. Is it allowed for the debt collector to call the police when you refuse to give away your car?
• Fa moreki a gana ka koloi ya gagwe, a debt collector e letlelesegile go bitsa mapodisi?
7. How can a consumer avoid repossession of the car?
• Modirisi a ka dira jang go thibela koloi e tsewe ke banka fa a e kolota
8. What happens if your car is repossessed?
• Go diragala eng fa koloi e tshotswe ke banka?