There is a courageous character and abilities inside every one of us. It is a question of whether you are creating a habit of bringing out this courageous character, often enough to help you overcome life’s challenges. This is one of the best ways to defeat fear and anxiety. Successful people also face life challenges, perhaps similar to yours. They just master the art of courage to take a risk, take action and get out of their comfort zone, against all odds.
Just like the lion in the Wizard of Oz, you probably have more courage than you think. While you may find it difficult to ask a stranger to stop talking during a movie, you'd rise to the occasion if a wicked witch threatened you and your friends. In reality, you could wait for a crisis that will bring out the lion in you or you can start now to practice habits that will build up your courage. You need to have the courage to break free from your comfort zone and find unique ways to earn an income if you have lost your income or a job. Be courageous to take on your debt situation and do whatever it takes to manage or get out of debt.
Try these 3 principles that will help you overcome the doubts and fears that hold you back from fulfilling your dreams.
1. Face Your Fears:
1. Reframe the situation. The words you describe an event can have a profound effect on how you feel about it. View challenges as opportunities and try to avoid exaggerating negative consequences. When you lose your job, think of it as an opportunity to focus on your other gifts and talents or focus on your business. If your business is in a financial crisis, this is an opportunity to reinvent your business model and follow the revolutionary trends of the trade. When you're stuck in a lengthy line, think of it as a chance to catch up on reading a motivational book or to do online research for your business.
2. Evaluate inaction. It's natural to want to run away from the things that scare you, but avoidance comes at a high cost. Your worries won’t disappear into thin air. What is the worst thing to happen? Your inaction can make you lose an opportunity to turn around your financial woes.
3. Manage stress. Maybe you're not even sure about the source of your fears. Dealing with daily stress reduces your anxiety levels, so find relaxation practices that work for you such as meditation or listening to music. Managing stress and fears can clear your mind and help you focus on solutions. Harnessing your courageous character.
4. Believe that nothing lasts forever. Your problem is temporal and seasonal. Be courageous to shorten the life span of your worries or challenges by focusing on solutions.
5. Seek support. Asking for help can be a sign of courage. Ask how to an expert on how to get started with the business, how to improve your credit score. Reach out to loved ones or a professional counselor if you need help.
6. Start small. Major undertakings become less overwhelming when you break them down into more manageable parts. Work your way up to asking your boss for a raise by being more assertive in situations where you have less at stake.
2. Strengthen Your Purpose:
1. Dream big. Courage expands your vision. Imagine what you would do if you could set aside any limiting beliefs including negative money beliefs. Find something that you value more than your pride or comfort. You can achieve the best things in your life. Tap into that ability.
2. Clarify your goals. To get tangible results, it’s crucial to translate your vision into a practical plan of action. Identify exactly what you will do.
3. Create a timeline. You're more likely to stay on track if you decide what actions you will complete today or by the end of the month. Deadlines increase accountability. Written plans are important, as you can review them.
4. Keep a journal. Put your plan into writing and post, paste or place it where you can see it. That way it will stay fresh in your mind.
3. Build up Your Confidence:
1. Think positive. Focus on what you have to gain. Use your self-talk to give yourself reassurance and encouragement. Identify areas where you want to make changes and be willing to laugh at yourself.
2. Get organized. Cleaning up your surroundings can make you feel more relaxed. Clear off your desk each evening and cut down on clutter at home.
3. Come prepared. Doing your homework helps you to place more trust in your abilities. Research a company before going on a job interview or talk with a carpenter before wasting your money on a home improvement project.
4. Stay fit. Caring for your health and wellbeing is one way to value yourself. Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and get adequate sleep and rest. Keeping and healthy and weight-loss, it doesn’t have to be expensive. You can start off reading affordable ebooks or start a new at-home fitness program. You can check out
to get started.
5. List your accomplishments. Boost your morale by reviewing your track record. Your past victories prove that you can succeed in future tasks.
6. Stretch your skills. You'll have more confidence in your abilities when you consistently work at increasing your competence. Take business courses online or study a new skill. The reality of revolution, technology, digitalization, and the new economy will affect the way you earn, spend, and grow your money. Train yourself to be brave. Learn to master your fears and persist through challenges. Enjoying a more meaningful life is the ultimate reward of building up your courage.
Let learn more about how to face your fears and limiting beliefs, discover your passion and purpose and also to boost your confidence and rise above your financial problems. Sign up to this powerful and motivational 1 hour online course HERE!